"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Knowing yourself, and believing that within you is the capacity to create happiness, success, contentment, and growth, is at the heart of personal change. I see this as the focus of our work together. I view the counseling process as a collaborative effort; together we will set the goals for counseling and work toward meeting those goals. With empathic support and understanding comes the opportunity to develop awareness and insight around your perceptions of yourself, your relationships, and the world around you. With this awareness begins a journey that is deeply personal and unique, but often challenging to navigate. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor practicing in Washington DC with experience working with adults in individual, marital, couples, and family therapy settings. As an Integrative Psychotherapist, I employ a range of approaches and methods based on your personal style and expressed needs. I am committed to offering you the support, education, and insights to help you along this journey of self awareness and fulfillment. With compassion, understanding, and humor, I hope to help you build on your strengths and attain the personal growth you're striving for.
- Loyola University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD - Masters of Science in Clinical Psychology
- Lawrence University, Appleton, WI - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Washington DC
- Metropolitan Police Employee Assistance Program, Washington, DC 2009 - 2013
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 2005 - 2009
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 1997 - 2004